Just a fun post today, inspired by my pre-syncope episode while putting on the compression stockings I bought to help prevent syncope. It’s moments like that when I truly know I am chronically ill. So, you might be chronically ill if:
- when putting on your compression stockings is enough of a workout to send you back to bed.
- when eight hours of sleep no longer seems like a reasonable, restful amount
- when you know more about medicine than some of your doctors
- you wear sweaters in the summer and tank tops in the winter thanks to poor temperature regulation
- you know what “spoonie” and “dish” mean.
- you are always the youngest person in the waiting room
- yes, you have tried yoga.
- you’ve planned outfits just to match the mobility devices you need that day
- your purse could pass as a small pharmacy
What are some of your “chronically ill moments” like this?